Best films from last year’s Karlovac festival on the 8th Amateur Film Festival
We are only a few months away from the beginning of September and the start of the 14th Youth Film Festival and 2nd Four River Film Festival. As we await that time, we invite you to the cinema Grič, on Thursday, 02 April, 2009, where some of the best films from last year’s Karlovac festival will be screened as part of the 8th Amateur Film Festival.
The Youth Film Festival is, as the name suggests, the national festival of high school film and is therefore as such a central place for Croatian high school film production. Up to 2007 it moved from town to town for 12 consecutive years until Cinema Club Karlovac was given the privilege to host it from then on. Cinema Club Karlovac has since then been the co-organizer of the festival together with the Croatian Film Clubs’ Association. The success of the Karlovac editions can best be seen from the 3000 visitors at the film screenings and over a hundred young authors who virtually conquered the city! Since 2008 we also organize the Four River Film Festival witch is the festival’s international counterpart. This means that it is an international festival of high school film, which makes it unique not only in Croatia but also in the whole region. The only criterion for application is the high school status of the author! This makes Karlovac a synonym for high school filmmaking and a top destination for high school film!
We look forward to seeing you there!
- ON FOUR RIVERS, 5', Cinema Club Karlovac, Karlovac
- THE BOY ON THE SIDE, 13'16'', Creative ideas studio Gunja, Gunja
- HALFWAY THERE, 10'09'', Intersections production, Vancouver, Kanada
- BUBBLEGUM, 3'10'', Ivana Franjić, Ejla Kovačević, Bjelovar / Zagreb
- ME?, 1'50'', Mihael Kukavčić, Zagreb
- VAHINI, 7', Art school, Split
- ALWAYS THE SAME, 3'25'', Luksuz production, Krško, Slovenija
- THE SOUND OF SILENCE, 2'30'', Art school, Split
- THE ONES WHO WEREN’T THERE, 6'10'', Cinema Club Split, Split
- KILL THE SLOB, 6', Suited and Booted Studios, Bristol, UK