Four River Film Festival will take place for the first time as a part of traditional Croatian Youth Film Festival. From this year on it will be held annually. The newest film and video accomplishments from young authors will be presented on it and the competition will be based on an international level.
Organizers: Croatian Film Clubs’ Association
Cinema Club Karlovac
Sponsors: Ministry of Culture, Republic of Croatia
Ministry of Science, Education and Sports, Republic of Croatia
The City of Karlovac
- Authors between 14 and 20 years of age can take part in the festival
- Every author or group can apply an indefinite number of films and videos. It is recommended that films do not last longer than 30 minutes.
- Videos can be sent in the following formats: VHS, SVHS, Hi8, DIG 8, Mini DV, DVCAM, BETACAM (in SP-standard) and DVD-R (only in DVD-video format)
Videos received on a CD will not be taken into consideration!
Videos can be sent on:
a) A separate tape or a DVD
- There should be at least 10 minutes of black signal before the video begins and it would be very useful if there were few seconds of colour bar and tone test before the black signal
b) More videos on one or more tapes or DVD
- There should be at least 10 minutes of black signal before the video begins
- A list of titles should be attached to the tape or DVD
- The recording should be continuous (if possible) with a continuous TC, i.e. every new film or video should continue on the black signal of the previous one (time code also continues)
- Films can be sent on super8 and super16 mm film tape and the sound should be optical, magnetic or on an audio tape. Every film should be in a separate box and its beginning should be marked with 1.5 meters of white blank. If the sound is separated from the film tape, its beginning should be marked. On one audio tape there can be a sound recording of only one film.
- Deadline for submission of films/videos for competition (see below): 1st July 2008
- Every author should fill in the Entry Form legibly, put it together with the film or video and send it before the deadline ends.
- Films/videos must not be older than 1st January 2007.
- In order to promote youth cooperation and film and video production, the authors or clubs should send ‘making of the film/video’ photos or some other photos from their group/club together with the Entry Form.
- Competition copies shall be returned to the Applicant at the Organizer’s cost within a month of the closing date of the Festival.
- For the purposes of promotion, the Organizer has the right to utilize publicity material related to the production for promotional purposes and to broadcast, transmit or screen clips, as well as make copies for Croatian Film Clubs’ Association’s Archive. The Organizer will handle the films and videos with care, but will not take over the responsibility for damage that occurred during sending by post. Films and videos recorded on a DVD will not be returned.
- The jury, who is selected by Croatian Film Club’s Association Executive Committee on the Organizer’s recommendation, will work publicly according to the UNICA(Union Internationale du cinema) principles.
- After the selection, films and videos will be put into the main programme according to their categories and announced on 15th July 2008 on Festival web-page: www.revija-mladezi.com
- Entry Forms must be submitted together with electronically transmittable enclosures no later than 1st July 2008. Anything received after that date will not be taken into consideration.
- Films/videos should be sent on to the following address:
HRVATSKI FILMSKI SAVEZ
(Four River Film Festival)