(Split, 1968 – Zagreb, 2009)
Vedran Šamanović was born and raised in Split. In 1991 he enrolled at the Academy of Dramatic Art, University of Zagreb, Department of Cinematography. He graduated in 2007.
From the time of his studies onwards he was involved with film art. Alongside experimental, feature and documentary films which he not only directed, but for which he also wrote the script and whose director of photography he was, Vedran Šamanović worked on multiple feature films, short films and experimental films in which he was director of photography. In addition, he directed and worked as director of photography in more than a hundred music videos.
He received numerous awards for his work.
For years he educated younger generations at many youth film workshops, in which he would pass on his film-making knowledge and experience with great enthusiasm.
From 2007 he worked as a Lecturer at the Academy of Fine Arts in Zagreb, at the Department of Animation and New Media, where he gave lectures in photography. In the year 2009 he was appointed Senior Lecturer at the Academy.
Vedran Šamanović is the founder of the One Take Film Festival in Zagreb and was the festival director between 2003 and 2009.
In the year 2010, followed by an initiative started by the film staff's, directors', cinematographers' and critics' guild, as well as by Croatian Film Club's Association, an award for film professionals called "Vedran Šamanović" has been established. The award is handed out at the Pula Film Festival to a film artist who has, in that year in any branch of film art, regardless of the meter being long or short, expanded the limits of Croatian film by using an innovative approach.
- Dani preživjelog ratnika / Days of a Warrior Survivor
- Vremena za kavu / Time for Coffee (1996)
- Put u raj / Trip to Heaven (1996)
- Bulog: INDU (1995)
- Bulog: Aus RGB mit Liebe (1998)
- 18.11. (1996)
- U danima godine / Days of One Year (1997)
- A moglo je bilo kako / How could it have been (1997)
- Bulog: Pogled preko ramena / A View over the Shoulder
- Jedan običan susret s njim / One Simple Meeting with Him
- Ime moje boje: c/b / Name of my colour: b/w (1998)
- Victoria via Joško (1998)