Born in Sombor, in 1937. Came to Zagreb in 1941. Graduated in film directing from the Academy for film, radio and TV in Belgrade, in Professor Aleksadar Petrović's class.
Acted his first performance in 1954, in Mostar. Shot his first film in 1962, in Zagreb. His first collages came to light in 1964. In 1971, he acted in a school feature film Plastic Jesus, produced by Belgrade academy of theatre, film, radio and television. In 1980s, he played cameo-roles with Tošo Jelić in feature films by Zoran Tadić and two films by Franci Slak.
Member of the Croatian Society of Visual Artists, director of avant-garde films and performer. His films were screened all around the globe. He acted in films by Zoran Tadić and Franci Slak. In 2005, he changed his name Tomislav Gotovac to Antonio G. Lauer.
- Prije podne jednog fauna / The Forenoon of a Faun (1963)
- Pravac [Stevens-Duke] / Straight Line [Stevens-Duke](1964)
- Plavi jahač [Godard-art] / Blue Rider [Godard-Art] (1964)
- Kružnica [Jutkevič-Count] / Circle [Jutkevič-Count](1964)
- Osjećam se dobro / I Feel All Right (1966)
- Kuda idemo ne pitajte / Don’t Ask Where we’re are Going
- S (1966)
- Ella (1966)
- 29 (1967)
- T (1969)
- Alamo (1969)
- M (1970)
- Obiteljski film II / Family Film 2 (1971)
- Glenn Miller I. [Srednjoškolsko igralište I] / Glenn Miller
1 [High School Playground 1] (1977)
- Glenn Miller 2000 (2000)
- Dead Man Walking (2002)